Waking up in the morning for a job you’re not excited about is rough. Here are some tips to make your day a little more bearable.
1. Plan a Vacation: Everyone would love a few days off work. The prospect of a vacation will give you motivation to go into work to make money. Begin a “Vacation Piggybank” and save up for a getaway with your girls!
2. Get a cute work wardrobe : Unless your work requires a uniform, dressing up for work could make you feel a lot better. Remember “dress for the job you want, not the one you have.”
3. Take a sanity break : Sometimes you need to just take a minute to regroup. Sneak away to check your Twitter or do some online retail therapy. Try not to get caught!
4. Plan fun After-Work Activities : Go shopping or get a girlfriend to meet you for drinks later. Knowing something good awaits you after work will make the time go by easier.
5. Treat yourself! : You are working hard for your money! And if you aren’t, you are still suffering from the boredom of the daily grind. Take a little bit of your pay check and splurge on those shoes you’ve had your eye on or a relaxing mani/pedi.