Over the last couple of years, we’ve seen an increasingly popular makeup product grow. The BB Cream is now just as readily available in stores as products like Tinted moisturizers are. So naturally the question that arises is, what really is the difference? And of course, which one is better for me?
The answer is going to vary, but I’ll try my best to help you find the best product for you!
BB Cream stands for blemish balm cream. Which means the product is exactly like what it sounds like. Its a product meant to soothe, rejuvenate skin and smooth blemishes. With that being said, BB cream is generally more lightweight and “healthier”* for your skin.
*Take note, this may not be the case for everyone. If you have sensitive skin, always make sure you test it prior to use or ask a dermatologists about a product before you purchase.
- Soothes and rejuvenates skin
- Contain Anti-Aging, and/or whitening Ingredients
- Acts as a “all-in-one” moisturizer (SPF, Moisturizer, Foundation/Concealer)
- More coverage and generally longer wear than Tinted Moisturizer
- Heavier Formula
- Small colour ranges (Usually available in general shades i.e. light, medium, dark)
- Light weight formula
- A lot more shades to choose from
- More brands and products to experiment with
- Expensive (Tinted moisturizer can range from $20 – $50+)
- No whitening, or anti-aging ingredients