The Top Uniforms Of The 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremonies
The outfits seen at the opening ceremony might as well have been a fashion show. Some of fashion’s biggest names in fashion designed the team uniforms (Armani, Prada, Ralph Lauren, Stella McCartney and more).
These are by far the most stylish Olmpics yet!
“For any designer, this is the biggest audience you can possibly have for your designs and arguably the most critical,” said Avril Graham, Harper’s Bazaar executive fashion and beauty editor. “These outfits have to fly the flag and represent their nation in the eyes of the rest of the world.”
Here are our five favorite uniforms from The 2012 Olympic opening ceremonies!
1. Italy - The Italian team looked super fly suited up in Giorgio Armani. Matching suit pants to their suit jackets with a striped tie, matchy-matchy does work! Armani had the honor of dressing the best athletes from Italy in head-to-toe suits that made the country proud.
2. France - Athletes from France were filled with smiles and while they wore suits designed by Suitsupply! Royal blue ties, navy suit jackets, white jeans and black leather belts, an interesting color combination, but they worked it well!
3. Belgium – We have always said that red is an attention grabber! The ladies from Belgium got the hint! They looked stunning in their ensemble and definitely caught the crowds attention. The only thing I am left to wonder about is why all the girls are wearing black skirts, and one opted for red pants?
4. Britain – Athletes from Britain wore tracksuits designed by high-street label ‘Next’. Their somewhat astronaut look makes me think they are sending us the subliminal message which says they will be rising to the top!
5. Poland – Athletes from Poland wore adorable cropped jackets, a poppy print skirt (Poland’s national flower) and matching ballerina flats. Super cute and fun!
Which country do you think looked the best at the 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremonies?