The ladies at the Critics Choice Television Awards pulled out all the stops. The colour palette may have been neutral, but the detail was extraordinary.
A few celebrities – like Zooey Deschanel in Oscar de la Renta, Hayden Panettiere in Keepsake and Kate Walsh in Jenny Packham – opted for bright colours. Allowing them to stand out among the multitude of black, white and beige dresses.
Among the neutral dresses were, Community star Alison Brie, who looked stunning in a black, textured Oscar de la Renta gown. And Modern Family’s Sarah Hyland in a beige embroidered Collette Dinnigan dress that was simple but adorable. These two showed that with a simpler colour, textured dresses help to keep things interesting.
The Critics Choice Television Awards gives trophies to the best of the best. Here is a list of the winners:
- Comedy Series: Community
- Actor in a Comedy Series: Louis C.K., Louie
- Actress in a Comedy Series: TIE! Zooey Deschanel, New Girl and Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation
- Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: Ty Burrell, Modern Family
- Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Julie Bowen, Modern Family
- Guest Performer in a Comedy Series: Paul Rudd, Parks and Recreation
- Drama Series: Homeland, Showtime
- Actor in a Drama Series: Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad
- Actress in a Drama Series: Claire Danes, Homeland
- Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Giancarlo Esposito, Breaking Bad
- Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Christina Hendricks, Mad Men
- Guest Performer in a Drama Series: Lucy Liu, Southland
- Reality Series: Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, Travel Channel
- Reality Series Competition: The Voice, NBC
- Best Reality Show Host: TIE! Tom Bergeron, Dancing with the Stars and Cat Deeley, So You Think You Can Dance
- Talk Show: Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, NBC
- Animated Series: Archer, FX
- Movie/Miniseries: Sherlock, PBS
- Actor in a Movie/Miniseries: Benedict Cumberbatch, Sherlock
- Actress in a Movie/Miniseries: Julianne Moore, Game Change
See more of the eye dropping fashion from this event below!